Founded in 1978, the goal of the Hispanic Center is to provide unmet social services to the Hispanic Community in Greater West Michigan.
Now located in the heart of Roosevelt Park, the largest Latino neighborhood in Grand Rapids, the Hispanic Center is able to directly serve more than 10,000 individuals annually. Not limited to Grand Rapids, we seek to address the needs of Latinos in West Michigan. The staff is largely bilingual and multi-cultural. We understand our Latino neighbors, connect with them, and work to achieve self-sufficiency together. Our mission is to EDUCATE, ADVOCATE, & EMPOWER.
The Hispanic Center of Western Michigan is a non-profit 501(c) (3) community-based organization.
TO EDUCATE, TO ADVOCATE, TO EMPOWER LATINOS IN WEST MICHIGAN
T (616) 742-0200 ext
F (616) 742-0205
Board of Directors
- Cesar Gonzalez, Board Chair - Mercantile Bank of Michigan
- Carlos Sanchez, Immediate Past Chair - Ferris State University
- Attah Obande, Treasurer - Spring GR
- Patrick Lonergan, Trustee - Fifth Third Bank
- Karla Amaya-Leone, Trustee - Home Sweet Homes
- Tony Baker, Trustee - Ferris State University
- Kristin Ekkens, Trustee - Cultural Intelligence Center
- Susan Ledy, Trustee - Retired
- Alexis Rangel, Trustee - Grand Valley State University
- Monica Steimle-App, Trustee - Rockford Construction
- Roberto Peña, Trustee - Amway
- Lance Zoerhof, Trustee - Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
- Jessica Podvin, Trustee - D.K. Weiss Accounting
- Mario Castillo, Trustee - Transnation Title Agency
The success of our organization hinges on our team. We are made up of individuals who are compassionate, mission driven, and are willing to participate in all of our fundraising and awareness efforts.
If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out the career form, upload your resume and cover letter and we'll follow up with you. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for.
Volunteer Opportunities and Internships
We love our volunteers and interns and appreciate their work so much! If you’d like to join us, we have a great office culture where you’ll be welcomed as a valued member of the team.
If you’re interested in individual assignments or group projects please fill out the volunteer/internship form and we’ll follow up with you. Whether you’re looking for short term, occasional, or regular opportunities, we’re flexible about getting you involved with something that works for you!