Founded in 1978, the goal of the Hispanic Center is to provide unmet social services to the Hispanic Community in Greater West Michigan.
Located in the heart of the Roosevelt Park, the largest Latino neighborhood in Grand Rapids, the Hispanic Center is able to directly serve more than 10,000 individuals annually. Not limited to Grand Rapids, we seek to address the needs of Latinos in West Michigan. The staff is largely bilingual and multi-cultural. We understand our Latino neighbors, connect with them, and work to achieve self-sufficiency together.
The Hispanic Center of Western Michigan is a non-profit 501(c) (3) community-based organization.
TO EDUCATE, TO ADVOCATE, TO EMPOWER.
Language Services Manager
T (616) 742-0200 ext 566
D (616) 246-0566
Career Development Specialist
T (616) 742-0200 ext 576
D (616) 649-3713
Juan Carlos Pastor
Hispanic Center of Western Michigan Board of Directors
- Attah Obande, Board Chair - Spring GR
- Patrick Lonergan, Trustee - Fifth Third Bank
- Karla Amaya-Leone, Trustee - Home Sweet Homes
- Tony Baker, Trustee - Ferris State University
- Kristin Ekkens, Trustee -Singularity University
- Javier Cervantes, Trustee- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Monica Steimle-App, Trustee - Rockford Construction
- Jessica Podvin, Treasurer - D.K. Weiss Accounting
- Mario Castillo, Trustee - Transnation Title Agency
- Abraham Garcia, Trustee
- Dante Villareal, Trustee- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
The success of our organization hinges on our team. We are made up of individuals who are compassionate, mission driven, and are willing to participate in all of our fundraising and awareness efforts.
If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out the career form, upload your resume and cover letter and we'll follow up with you. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for.
We love our volunteers and interns and appreciate their work so much! If you’d like to join us, we have a great office culture where you’ll be welcomed as a valued member of the team.
Whether you’re looking for short term, occasional, or regular opportunities, we’re flexible about getting you involved with something that works for you!
Please fill out the form below for more information.